We help limited partners evaluate investments in a range of private funds, including venture, private equity, hedge and real estate funds, and we assist employees and advisors in structuring their compensation packages with fund managers.
Our private funds practice draws on the extensive experience of attorneys from our corporate, tax and international practices to offer sophisticated yet cost-effective solutions to managers of startup and emerging fund businesses.
- Venture capital fund formation, including advice on market standards, investor negotiations, tax and structural issues, offering documents and the fund closing process
- Compliance with securities laws, including state and federal exemptions from investment adviser registration requirements and preparation of Form ADV
- Due diligence of portfolio companies and negotiation of investment and exit transactions
- Structure general partner, management company and other sponsor-level entities, including choice of entity and domicile
- Represent fund investors in reviewing and negotiating agreements for a range of private funds, including venture, private equity, hedge and real estate funds
- Negotiate and structure employment, adviser and equity participation agreements on behalf of private fund sponsors and service providers
- Formation of special purpose vehicles (SPVs)
- Negotiate and draft side letters for special investor situations