Andrew Zeif has over 25 years of legal experience representing both private and public companies across a range of corporate matters. Prior to joining Paradigm Counsel, Andrew practiced for over ten years as a partner at DLA Piper (formerly Gray Cary), a global law firm with large, world-wide early-stage technology practice. Prior to that, Andrew lived in New York City and practiced law for nine years at several corporate law firms, including Proskauer Rose LLP, before immigrating to Silicon Valley.
Andrew routinely counsels clients in a wide variety of technology domains including: networking and communications technologies, business-to-business and business-to-consumer internet-based services, SaaS, cloud, enterprise and mobile applications software. Many of his clients are emerging growth companies and he provides advice through seed and venture financings, buy and sell-side M&A transactions and public offerings. During this life cycle, Andrew acts as a de facto outside general counsel helping to manage his client’s legal and business affairs.
Representative Recent Transactions
- Represented web services company supporting content creators in structuring content in Series A financing
- Represented integrated hardware and mobile app manufacturer in Series A financing
- Represented network control software company in Series A
- Multiple investor-side transactions for top mobile operator’s corporate venture arm
- Represented mobile entertainment company in sale to international electronics company
- Represented stereovision chipset company in sale to leading computer chip company
- Represented network control software company in sale to major networking equipment company
Andrew earned his B.A. in Anthropology and History and Sociology of Science at the University of Pennsylvania and his J.D. degree at Fordham University. He is admitted to practice law in California and New York.
Andrew rides mountain bikes and is a competitive rower when not cooking and watching soccer (Manchester, Oranje, Stanford Women). In his next life or maybe this one, Andrew will live in Amsterdam. In the meantime, he spends a fair amount of time in Brooklyn.