Danielle Lan is a corporate lawyer representing companies and investors in a variety of corporate and transactional matters. Her practice emphasizes technology and emerging growth industries and Danielle has extensive experience assisting clients on entity formation, debt and equity financings (company and investor side representation), mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions and general business operational matters.
Previously, Danielle practiced in the area of municipal finance law where she represented the State of California, cities, counties, and securities underwriters in tax-exempt financial transactions. Prior to joining Paradigm Counsel, Danielle practiced law at Sidley Austin LLP and Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP.
Corporate Formations and Financing
- Company counsel to emerging growth companies, providing assistance in entity formation, general corporate organizational matters, establishment of stock option and equity incentive plans, capitalization table management, debt and equity investment transactions and drafting and negotiating various service and commercial agreements.
- Represents US medical device company on its various financings, including its recent joint partnership with a publicly traded US medical device company, with a buyout option component valued at $30 Million.
- Counsel to Japanese venture fund in its various preferred investment financings, providing assistance in transactional diligence and negotiating and reviewing of financing documents.
- Advised company specializing in spatial intelligence technology and AR in its recent issuance of Series A Preferred Stock that included domestic and offshore institutional venture investors.
- Advised US Fintech company specializing in trading of digital assets in its formation, seed investment financing and issuance of Series A Preferred Stock.
- Advised US Agtech company specializing in production of on-demand distributed electricity in its reincorporation from a California to Delaware entity and its issuance of Series A Preferred Stock.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised video game company in its acquisition by a public company in a cash for stock transaction valued at $50 Million.
- Advised company that produces products for beekeeping operations in its acquisition by a competitor in the same industry.
- Advised a digital media company in its stock sale to the US subsidiary of a Canadian public company, with employment retention components for the founders.
- Advised company that produces semiconductor products in its acquisition by a public company.
Technology and Commercial Transactions
- Advised company offering PAAS solution for managing clinical and research data in the life sciences field.
- Advised supply chain management company in connection with negotiation of its commercial contracts, including service level agreements with Google.
- Served as US counsel to Japanese manufacturing company specializing in car parts in connection with negotiation of its US contracts, including service agreements with Tesla Motors.
- Advised a closely held company in its implementation of an employee stock ownership plan, funded in part with a $3 Million loan from Bank of America.
Danielle earned her B.A. degree in International Relations from Pomona College and her J.D. degree from New York University School of Law. Danielle is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
In her spare time, Danielle enjoys camping with her family and kayaking the Smith River along the California-Oregon border.