David Fligor has over 20 years’ experience primarily focused on technology transactions and intellectual property strategy, counseling and protection for technology startups and emerging growth companies.
David has advised in a wide range of industries spanning enterprise software, SaaS, IoT, networking, CDN, video storage, streaming technology and clean technology. David typically works directly with founders and C-suite executives on strategic customer and partner transactions and often interfaces with Boards of Directors.
Before joining Paradigm Counsel LLP, David advised technology and digital media companies at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati and Progress LLP. David also brings a deep understanding of client challenges having worked for a substantial part of his career as a senior in house legal executive for public and private technology companies, including as General Counsel and Associate General Counsel.
Earlier in his career, David traded his legal hat for a business hat. He spent three years as a corporate and business development executive for public technology companies. More recently, David taught Technology Licensing as an adjunct professor for two semesters at Santa Clara University School of Law.
IP, Technology and Commercial Transactions
- Drafted and negotiated various domestic and international development and distribution agreements involving software, hardware and cloud services
- Developed and negotiated various supply chain and logistics agreements, including contract manufacturing, component supply, ODM and forward/reverse logistic services
- Drafted and negotiated enterprise software license agreements and SaaS agreements for vendors and customers
- Advised technology companies on open source licensing compliance and other open source models and issues
- Advised clients on website, internet, and e-commerce issues, including terms of service, privacy policies, copyright policies and DMCA notice and takedown
- Drafted and negotiated patent license and patent acquisition agreements
IP Strategy & Dispute Resolution
- Developed patent and open source policies for technology companies
- Managed outside counsel in patent infringement cases involving competitors and non-practicing entities from inception to settlement
- Drafted and negotiated patent litigation settlement and cross-license agreements resolving bet-the-company litigation between competitors
- Represented clients in mediations to resolve intellectual property and commercial disputes involving patents and copyrights
- Drafted and negotiated settlement agreement to avert copyright infringement litigation
David earned his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering at the University of Cincinnati and his J.D. degree from the Georgetown University Law Center. He is also registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
David previously served on the Board of Directors of HomeFirst Services of Santa Clara County and has provided pro bono legal assistance through the LACY Guardianship Representation Project of the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley.
In his spare time, David reads at least two books a month, plays basketball and disc golf, spends time with his two kids and works on legal technology and real estate projects.