Marek Adamo has more than 15 years experience as a corporate lawyer representing emerging companies, investors and public and private corporations. His areas of expertise include entity formation, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions. Prior to joining Paradigm Counsel, Marek practiced corporate and securities law at Jones Day and Squire Patton Boggs (formerly Squire Sanders) in Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Marek has been recognized as “Rising Star” by Northern California Super Lawyers magazine.
Marek regularly represents clients in the enterprise software, internet commerce, wearable technology, professional services and cleantech spaces. He has deep experience counseling businesses and investors in these industries through capital raising and M&A cycles.
- Advised a corporate venture capital investor in numerous venture capital transactions in the semiconductor space
- Advised a wearable technology startup in connection with its first equity financing and convertible note financing by a Silicon Valley-based institutional venture investor
- Represented a sovereign wealth fund in its Series A financing of a cloud software company
- Advised an enterprise big data software startup in its Series C Preferred Stock financing
- Advised incubator and accelerator participants in connection with their incorporation and initial financing
- Represented a New York-based bank in its strategic investment in a web-based automated investment services company
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised a value added reseller in connection with its acquisition by a private equity firm
- Represented the founder of an education technology company in connection with its acquisition by a strategic acquirer
- Represented a website security startup in connection with its acquisition by a publicly traded web hosting firm
- Represented a global enterprise software company in its acquisition of a venture-backed expense management software company
- Advised an innovator of optical communications solutions in its cross-border spin-offs of two divisions
- Advised an enterprise software startup in the negotiation of numerous SaaS agreements with enterprise customers
- Represented a European technology company in connection with its sale of NFC-related intellectual property assets to, and license agreement with, a U.S. multinational
- Advised a hardware platform startup in connection with its exclusive license of certain patents from a university licensor
Marek earned his B.A. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley and his J.D. and M.B.A. from the University of San Diego. He is admitted to practice law in California.
Marek plays the trumpet and tries valiantly at the piano, ukulele and autoharp. He can often be found hiking Bay Area trails with his family.