Michele Nadan has over 20 years’ experience in the field of intellectual property transactions. Prior to joining Paradigm Counsel Michele was an attorney in the Products Technology and Multimedia group at Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich (now DLA Piper) and Corporate Counsel for FileMaker, Inc. From 1997-2012 she taught a class on Intellectual Property Transactions at Berkeley Law School (formerly Boalt Hall).
Michele’s practice includes counseling clients in intellectual property and commercial business matters, drafting and negotiating a wide range of technology licensing and commercial agreements, and supporting both start-ups and in-house legal departments. Michele’s clients have included software, hardware and SaaS vendors, as well as IT departments of companies procuring technology.
- Drafted and negotiated various software licenses and hardware purchase agreements for both vendors and customers.
- Developed and implemented template agreements for hardware, software end user and channel distribution including OEM, distributor, reseller and sales representative agreements.
- Advised software and technology companies on open source licensing compliance and other open source or “free software” models and issues.
- Represented and advised clients on development and outsourcing agreements and transactions.
- Assisted clients with cloud-based and software as a service (SaaS) licensing models.
- Advised clients on website, internet and e-commerce issues, including terms of service and use.
Michele earned her B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering at UCLA and her J.D. degree from Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California at Berkeley. She is also a member of the Patent Bar.
Michele’s two boys keep her plenty busy, and if she has any spare time, she enjoys reading, quilting and yoga.