Cathey has over 25 years experience as a corporate and securities paralegal, and as a corporate consultant. Prior to joining Paradigm Counsel, Cathey worked as a paralegal for Pillsbury, Madison and Sutro, Venture Law Group and Heller Ehrman.
Cathey specializes in assisting emerging, private companies with organization and incorporations, corporate transactions, state qualifications and subsidiary matters, securities compliance, private equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, diligence production and review, stock and option plan set up and administration, capitalization analyses and corporate and securities audits and investor relations.
- Assist with merger transactions, acquisitions and investor communications
- Prepare and maintain diligence materials and client data rooms
- Assist with private equity financings and investor relations
- Perform corporate stock audits and create equity ledgers and capitalization tables
- Research, prepare and process securities compliance filings
- Maintain corporate records, minutes and financing closing documents
Cathey graduated with a B.A. degree from Virginia Tech and completed her first year of law school at Santa Clara University School of Law.
Cathey has long been involved as a volunteer coordinating homeless services for her church with EHCLifebuilders, Bill Wilson Center and the Silicon Valley Rotating Shelter. In October 2011, Cathey incorporated and became the executive director of a new non-profit, Faith In Action Silicon Valley Rotating Shelter, an agency created to provide case management and supervision for homeless men housed at various churches and synagogues in the area. In her spare time, she enjoys biking, traveling and watching football.